Shogun Warrior Missiles, a ComparisonI often get requests to identify the various missiles and projectiles that accompanied the Shogun Warriors. Hopefully, this page will help to identify the multitude of variations.
Here are the Shogun Warrior missile variations that I personally possess:
Dragun Axes, a Comparison
Dragun axes came in blue, white and yellow (usually one of each). The axe on the left is from a first issue Dragun (and is how they were made for the Japanese release). Notice the larger base and spiked head.
Raydeen Delta Wings, a comparison
Notice that the first Issue (on left) is hollow, blow molded plastic while the second Issue (on right) is hard plastic, with a hollowed-out belly. The first issue has a hole in its tail to attach to the firing pin, while the second has a square notch. They are not interchangeable between the different Raydeens.
There are other missile variants:
- Popy Blue Missile with White Vanes - Popy Red Baron and Mach Baron
- Popy Green Missile with White Clipped Vanes - Popy Golion
- Popy Red Missiles with Black Vanes - These are the same as the regular Red Missile with White vanes except they have alternate colors - these came with the ZZ-2 Ultra Rapid Firing Missile Launcher
- Nakajima Missiles - these are similar to the Popy only they are white with a hard red tip (the tip covers the whole end).
- Disks of Destruction - Three vaned "propeller" style disks that launch from the XX-4 Lightspeed Disks of Destruction accessory
- Skinny Red Missiles with Black Tips - These are the "Drill Missiles" that came with the XX-15 and ZZ-2 Drill Missile Fist accessories.
All Mattel images and captions are copyright Mattel and used without permission. All other content, including images and editorial, is Copyright © 1997-2017 John Eaton and/or contributors unless otherwise stated. If there are any comments or objections, please contact John Eaton, by clicking here.